Volunteering & Internships
Forward Journey has a variety of opportunities to support our organization through service.
Forward Journey Volunteer Program
As a nonprofit, volunteers are a great asset to our organization. They help us expand our offerings to participants, relieve busy staff, create awareness, and raise funds to support our program. Volunteering for people with disabilities is highly rewarding.
Here are some examples of volunteer opportunities:
- Demonstrating special skills to the participants, such as singing, dancing, or making music
- Assisting staff during daily activities like playing games or baking
- Planning, staffing, or attending special events or fundraisers
- Completing small maintenance projects such as hanging pictures, painting, or cleaning
- Helping with miscellaneous tasks such as taking photos or organizing supplies
- Joining our Board of Directors
We welcome individuals and groups of high school age or older. Please note: We require background checks and screening due to our vulnerable population. We may require Adult & Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Background checks, Drug Screen and TB Test.
Forward Journey Internship Program
Forward Journey welcomes students from local colleges and would be happy to work with you to fulfill your academic requirements. If there is an aspect of our programming that may fit your internship needs, contact us for more information.
We consider internships on a case-by-case basis and award them when the needs of the student and the needs of our agency are mutually beneficial. Because we are a nonprofit, there is rarely monetary compensation available for internships.
Please note: We require background checks and screening due to our vulnerable population. We may require Adult & Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Background checks, Drug Screen and TB Test.